How I lost 60 pounds Part 2: Passive Weight Loss Strategies - Desk Cycle and TreadMill Desk

I'm in a series on how I lost 60lbs.  This has been a very slow progression mostly over 2 years but the bulk of the weight loss has been in the past 18 months.  One of my biggest secrets to losing the weight was, what I call, "passive weight loss strategies" - basically using multi-tasking to help me lose weight.  In this blog post I am going to show you 2 passive weight loss strategies I have used to lose weight.  I work from home- but both of the passive weight loss strategies I am going to show you are being used in the traditional office environment today.

First up: "Desk Cycling"
I had heard of treadmill desks but I wondered if there were such a thing as a desk cycle so I could pedal while I worked.  I found a couple of options on the Internet but most of the ones I saw were either very expensive or pretty lame.  Then, on Amazon I found the DeskCycle which currently costs $159.00 and is eligible for Prime free shipping.  I then found an affordable mobile desk at Walmart which is here: Mainstays Laptop Cart.  This strategy works great but please note- you don't want to use a traditional office chair that has wheels or you are going to move around a lot.  This works well from a heavy+wide chair or can work from a heavy+firm couch.  I created a video so you can learn about how this affordable approach works - and how to set it up.  No joke this could change your life and you can do this while you watch TV, surf the Internet, or read as well.

Next Up: Homemade Treadmill Desk
I had an old treadmill I wasn't using very much that I literally bought mid-1998.  It had some pretty robust hand-grips on the side so I VERY cheaply and easily (I'm not a handyman) made myself a treadmill desk.  Now I work for my job or watch a show while I burn calories.  I have a video on that approach here: 


Here is the point to all of this- we all have some downtime, why not use that to burn calories?  Good luck!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

great video and great job on the weight loss