8 Part Blog Series: Walking Through the Past and Finding a Way Forward

I am about to start an 8-part series that will share deep, difficult issues I have dealt with in my life in an effort to help others who may be paralyzed by similar things.  The purpose of today's post is to lay-out what those topics will be and share how I am going to handle them.  In this post and for the 8 days that will follow I am going to share some tough, embarrassing things I have dealt with.  I assure you this is a sacrifice and I am praying for wisdom.  I'm not doing this to beat myself up - these are real issues I have walked through and still do at times but there is a lot of good news to share here!  These stories will end well.  These will not be negative posts - but positive.  Why write about this?  I have recently been challenged to resume writing about my experiences- and so in faith I am doing that.  In fact I spoke with someone last night who read my online testimony.  He said that the sharing of it (www.christianbusinessguy.com) and the openness of how I covered that story was a difference-maker for him. (thanks Phil!)

Here are the topics I will be covering:

"Finding a Way Forward"
  • Day 1: When I don't know what to do...
  • Day 2: When I feel stupid or incapable...
  • Day 3: When I have trouble forgiving others...
  • Day 4: When I battle with temptation...
  • Day 5: When I battle with anger...
  • Day 6: When I struggle with jealousy...
  • Day 7: When I struggle with fear about losing my job...
  • Day 8: When I battle with depression...
All of the things in the list above represent a difficult issue in my life at various times and to some degree or another they still impact me to this day.  Starting tomorrow I will cover stories and experiences about the first topic.  I will cover the tough stuff and then what I am learning - and how I am working to overcome in that area with God's help.  Tune in regularly to view any topic.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks for the great posts