30Day Put God First Test 2012 - "I needed to do it again"


I have been trying to have faithful devotions but its been difficult.  I am struggling because I have many personal responsibilities to handle and my job really needs my evening hours.  What happens is I use evening hours to handle job overflow and personal responsibilities and our busy children's lives and homework round-out the busy rush of each evening.  All of these things have a time-sensitive element in one way or another so they "speak" rather loudly to me.  In order to not let anything hit the floor I listen to all of their loud voices.  However, what this does is put me in a situation in which I am up late and getting up to spend time with God is impossible in the morning.  So, I find that I stay "caught up" with what the loud voices of life ask me to do - but the still small voice of the Lord is neglected.

Last year I did a 30-day "Put God First Test" in which I spent time with God each morning no matter what.  I trusted that if I put God first - He would help with the rest.  I need to get back to that.  Today was my first day.  I am really slammed at work, backed-up on personal items, challenged to be a better daddy and husband as well.  I will try to journal/blog daily during this 30 days.

My Psalm of the day is Psalm 140.  It talked about evil men and slanderers speaking against us.  This certainly happens to all of us and I suppose its inevitable in this life.  I guess my main prayer is that my family and I would not be participants in this.  Lord, help us not to be in the business of speaking about people behind their backs, not gossiping, and not getting our “pound of flesh” from people – even if they would arguably deserve it.

Ok Lord, I am slammed at work- help me, I trust you to do just that.

Let’s Go God!

No comments: